Sunday, March 1, 2009

Thinkfinity

So, I am a bit behind with the homework, but my students did research for mythology lessons that they are going to present to their classmates, and they used Thinkfinity for their research. Most of my students enjoyed the website and were able to pull information off to utilize in their lesson planning.

We did a quick, overview of how to properly analyze a website for legitimate information, and most of the students appeared to have a handle on what sorts of websites would help them and which ones would simply be a waste of time. I was impressed with how well the students were able to gather information and surf the internet, but would definitely like to do a more in-depth activity together examining websites. This will definitely take some through planning on my part, though! Anyone have any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Having students use Thinkfinity for research is a great idea! I had only thought to use it myself for lesson ideas. I will have to keep this in mind. It's nice your right next to the computer lab too. Location, location, location!

    ReplyDelete