Monday, March 23, 2009

Announcing...

My new site page! My audience is my 7th period freshmen class, who has just started Romeo & Juliet. I created the site expressly for them--I am hoping that this will make my 7th period feel more entitled, which may also lead to the completion of homework from this particular class (they are my lowest). The purpose is that students will become comfortable blogging and utilizing the class website to keep up with classwork and the play as a whole. With any luck, integrating technology will help keep the students motivated and excited. We'll see!!


http://sites.google.com/site/jcuillier/Home

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jess

    If your "21st Century" approach doesn't work with your ungrateful students, then the hell with them. (If they don't like it, make 'em memorize!)

    Nels

    P.S. I had trouble hitting the link to your site at the bottom of your post. Should I press harder?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your site makes good use of previews from the film. It should generate student interest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have inspired me to utilize YouTube in school-related ways. Awesome! Ahhh, I miss teaching Romeo and Juliet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jess
    I'm just checking in with you on your blog. Great ideas.
    ~Kathleen

    ReplyDelete